Captainwow

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Do I Dare?


Well I am daring to try a post. Mr. Sam is sleeping in his crib... I have so far taken a shower, put away some laundry, updated Quicken, read my email and read the blogs I usually visit.

I know it's pushing it to think I might get a post written too but I'm going to try.

Not that I have much to say - just that I feel like posting because I CAN!

New discovery: Edamame! WOAH. tasty stuff, that. And Protein rich to boot.
Discovered with JustPat last week at Marado along with the best fried dumplings I've ever had!

So ya. that means I'm getting out more. And it shows up in Quicken. heh.

Do they not make newborn PANTS very much? Cause all I can find are pants in 3 month sizes and up except for 2 pairs at Target which I already bought. Do Babies just not wear pants? I have no clue about baby fashion. Of course there are fancy pants at the more expensive places but I am looking for cheapo ones since he's going to outgrow them so fast.
So the kid has 2 pairs of everyday type pants and 2 pairs of ultracute ones - one of which he's not quite grown into but they are so dang cute!!! (see photo above)

Alas, someone gave us 4 boxes of boys baby and toddler clothes yesterday!! Dang, we're blessed!

In other news, It looks as if I'll be delaying the pursuit of becoming a Spiritual Director. The classes at Marywood are intense and take a huge amount of time. I don't know where I got my information before, but I had no idea. With a Little Dude so young, childcare would be an issue, and I just don't know if I can handle it this Fall. So I'm at this point weighing whether to take the Companioning course in the meantime or just wait altogether. I'm disappointed to have to wait in a way but also I believe things happen as they ought to, as long as I'm not doing anything too cosmically/spiritually funky, so this is going to be OK.

Meanwhile, spring is springing, and the tulips are blooming like mad in the back yard. I spent a couple of hours separating and replanting all the tulip bulbs last fall. I also transplanted the shade loving plants to the front yard where they won't get fried by the sun this summer. That wasn't so easy at 6 months pregnant... I sat on a milk cart and grunted a lot. But it looks now as if it was worth the effort.

Yay for flowers!

7 Comments:

  • Onesies...

    That's all my kids wore as babies. Maybe cause I was lazy and didn't want to keep taking off the pants to deal with the diaper.

    By the time they are crawling around, then the pants.

    Take Care
    Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 4/27/2006 1:13 PM  

  • And yay for posts, edamamish or otherwise!

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 4/27/2006 2:25 PM  

  • I agree with Michael. So much easier to unsnap the crotch than to pull down the britches!

    Plus, they look so grown up in pants!

    I know that your time will come to pursure becoming a Spiritual Director when it is right.

    By Blogger annie, at 4/27/2006 6:41 PM  

  • Nice to see that His Highness is allowing you some time for yourself! Gets cuter with each photo you post! I too think that things happen in their own time. Maybe not so much from Devine Design, as that we ourselves take them in and wiggle them around till they fit into our lives.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/28/2006 9:33 AM  

  • just want to say Hi!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/28/2006 8:22 PM  

  • OK, so when you do go outside, is it a mad dash to the car? Because if the flowers are so beautiful, how come you aren't snapping some pics and posting them? The tulips are already long gone, here, but the peonies look like they will be marvelous this year. Only two irises bloomed (we waited too late to dig 'em up and separate 'em), but one of them even smelled nice.

    Oh yeah, Sam's cute, too. And, no, they don't make cheap pants for newborns. One more vote for Michael's suggestion.

    By Blogger little david, at 5/01/2006 9:59 PM  

  • holy guac, gin - i am sorry i didn't see this piccie sooner.

    what a pumpkin :) precious, precious little man, and so smartly dressed!

    By Blogger ~pen~, at 5/09/2006 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home