Captainwow

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Menu

Lest you go thinking we eat all highbrow around here all the time I'd like to report the menu from last night's dinner:

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
Van de Kamp's Fish Tenders
Peas
Chocolate Pudding with Cool Whip

In other rambling news:
This year I feel no pull toward "doing Lent". Absolutely none. People are blogging about it already, getting geared up, thinking about it. I think it's a good thing, not knocking it at all, just happy not to feel that conflicted-ness I've sometimes felt in the past about it. "Should I be doing this? Am I missing something big because I'm not doing this?" Even though I'm not Catholic, I believe that in some cases we Protestants have thrown the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak. Still, this year, I am happy to report that I am At Peace about not including Lent in my life - at least for now.

Having a newborn in the house might be an Enforced Lent of sorts, but I guess that is another subject altogether.

And yesterday I washed all the newborn clothes and couldn't believe all my squeeking: "Isn't it soooo KYOOOOOOT!?!?" SQUEEEEK! What makes us SQUEEK like that about baby stuff!?

Maybe it's ovaries? Because Amazing Man doesn't do that.

6 Comments:

  • man-I remember washing the "newborn" clothes! that is totally a "countdown" activity!! ( 5 of my babies were late....Rain was early.....)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/16/2006 3:20 PM  

  • I think the squeeking is a gene thing, same gene that compels us to shoe shop....and I am glad you let yourself off the hook for Lent. Sometimes the act of permission is in itself a commitment....so there ya go. Keep those feet up...:)

    By Blogger Lori, at 2/16/2006 4:24 PM  

  • Kraft Mac 'n Cheese is my absolute favorite dinner ever. Someday I will cook a whole vat of it and jump in and squirm around in it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/16/2006 5:15 PM  

  • Sounds like a really good dinner to me! (I think you are right about the squeekiness. I think it will pass once the baby gets here.)

    By Blogger spookyrach, at 2/16/2006 5:26 PM  

  • Did you use Dreft to wash those baby things? (Do they still do that, use special detergent for baby clothes?)

    By Blogger annie, at 2/16/2006 6:39 PM  

  • so how will we know the MINUTE the wee one comes along? i'm excited for you ... !!!

    By Blogger Saija, at 2/18/2006 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home