Captainwow

Friday, January 27, 2006

Happy Birthday Dear Amadeus

Happy Birthday, Mr. Mozart!

In honor of this day I shall sing The Queen of the Night from the Magic Flute over and over.

On second thought, I don't want to scare the baby....

I met someone today named Amy Grant. I thought to myself "Amy Grant.....? That sure sounds familiar. I must have gone to high school with someone named Amy Grant." So I tried to put a face with the name, but I couldn't.

She must have smelled the rubber burning in my brain because she said "You're thinking of the singer, right?" Oh, ya. I felt pretty stupid. She said she gets that all the time.

In other news, it's a pretty good day when I can get a cinnamon roll AND a piece of fried chicken at Van's Pastry Shop. Oh, ya.

Life is good.

6 Comments:

  • ....oh so that explains it... Rose said "Mom is it some musician's birthday or something??? they have a wig and some notes on Google" ....I said "probably, I don't know....."
    CaptainWow KNOWS! Ha!
    Speaking of Van's Rose and Pearl will be in GR for 3 weeks!!! Starting 1-30-06

    By Blogger brenda, at 1/27/2006 2:41 PM  

  • Well, ya know, sometimes the brain gets a little slower as we age...

    Wow! A cinnamon roll AND fried chicken? What a day!

    Is it snowing up there?

    By Blogger annie, at 1/27/2006 4:27 PM  

  • I can't believe how quickly your pregnancy has gone---for me, who has never seen you and is experiencing it via a link on your blog. I'm betting it hasn't been so fast for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/28/2006 9:01 PM  

  • Hi Captain,

    Just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that we are out of town today (Sunday) in Detroit, so we will miss seeing you again tonight. We love you guys and really enjoy getting together with all of you. We have been going through some bumpy roads as a family and need to spend some time together again this weekend. (mental recooperation time)

    -brad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/29/2006 9:10 AM  

  • Holy smokes - I didn't know Van's served fried chicken! Was it a special Mozart's birthday thing?

    By Blogger Pat, at 1/29/2006 11:48 AM  

  • Hey......since you are ever nearing that due date......how about throwing us a note to say all is well, so we aren't sitting on our hands wondering how you are doing........:)

    By Blogger Lori, at 2/02/2006 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home