Captainwow

Monday, July 19, 2004

Searching For My Lost Shaker of Salt

Dreamed last night of old fashioned elevators and betrayal and traveling from city to city with a very painfully bum knee to find the highest bidder for several units of Peyote. I was so busy in my dreams it felt like I didn't sleep at all. However, morning came so very fast and I found that all the water I drank last night to rehydrate after a grueling game of Wiffle Ball was begging for an escape route...
My astounding powers of deduction tell me that I slept quite well indeed, and that I have been playing too much Dope Wars.
No Djarums, but lots of game playing on the computer - hmmm..........
Today I will lay to rest 2 very loyal and faithful friends who have been my trusted companions for several years. I first met them at Eddie Bauer back when Flip Flops hadn't become the new old rage again yet and they were a little bit harder to find with any quality. We hit it off and have been hanging out now for a long long time. They barely have any foam left in some parts of the soles and yesterday I blew one of them out at Meijers. Right in front of the asparagus. In my mind I heard Jimmy Buffet singing Margaritaville and I walked around on a dead flip flop for the rest of my grocery shopping.

They served me well; may they rest in peace.

2 Comments:

  • And may you find them again at the restoration of creation...

    Headless

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/19/2004 12:51 PM  

  • Poor flippers. If you hadn't been taking elevators all over creation soliciting your contraband maybe they'd still be intact! For shame.

    By Blogger Pat, at 7/19/2004 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home