Captainwow

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Rant Follow Up

A follow up to yesterday's Rant post seems in order.

After I wrote that the thought that always comes to me regarding this whole issue of over consumption came to me once again: "So, why am I not thin yet!?" If you know me, you know I'm not super thin. If you don't know me I'll just say that I'm carrying an extra 30 or so, in my opinion. Being skinny is not the point. Being perfect is not the point. Living a life that most closely resembles the the life I know I want to live, am meant to live, that is the point. I think we all struggle with that to some degree. I certainly don't wish to sound like a Pharisee.

Part of the journey is learning to live a more integrated life. That is to say a life that not only talks the talk but walks the walk; practices what it preaches. All that good stuff. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm working on it. Two of my favorite lines from the movie Tombstone is where Johnny Ringo says "Eventus stultorum magister. " (Events are the teachers of fools) and another one where Doc Holiday says "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." Of course I loved all kinds of quotes from that movie, but I won't digress here too far.

Food is not the only excess I struggle with, I also struggle with trying to spend less, use lest gas, buy fair trade, fairly treated meat, recycle, compost, waste not, gossip less...etc... That is another painful part of growing up - learning how integrated I'm not and yet how intertwined with the whole mess I am. The whole human race is effed up, if you will pardon my french abbreviation, but we are indeed interconnected in some glorious way. We are all imperfect. Somehow God/the Universe/whatever one calls It.... I AM is still the I AM, and the ordinary is truly holy, and that gives me hope.

5 Comments:

  • well stated.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/01/2008 11:32 PM  

  • I am reminded of the thing I so often forget--it's not about perfection, it's about PROGRESSION.

    By Blogger annie, at 7/02/2008 7:57 AM  

  • Ginny, I am hoping that my son who is about your age is processing thoughts like these. And, yes, ten years down the road you will probably have more thoughts on this order.

    We just returned from our fifth trip to Kenya. It was full of new experiences about which I am beginning to blog, if you are interested.

    By Blogger little david, at 8/02/2008 7:04 AM  

  • Thanks a lot for sharing and I have some special things for you. If you are in free time.
    nhạc chuông đột kích
    i love you with all my heart quotes
    ngôn tình hiện đại hoàn
    tian long ba bu 3d

    By Blogger Long trần, at 6/18/2018 3:34 AM  

  • Herpes Finally Gone, thanks to Dr. Utu for his Herbal Treatment.
    I had a sudden onset of cold sores and a new one was appearing each day. I was on primary immunosuppressant I noticed my body just can't fight the virus on its own. After five days of treatment and no success I suspected herpes I went for test and it was confirmed. God was my strength I met a doctor for treatment. He gave me Dr Utu's contact. I contacted him immediately, This medication was far amazing that within 24-48 hrs the blisters were crusting over. The swelling and redness was decreasing as well. I was on four weeks herpes medication which I completed before going for test. I went for herpes test and then again back to my doctor who confirmed me herpes negative it was really like a dream. What a relief! Feel Free to contact Dr Utu Email:- drutuherbalcure@gmail.com OR WhatsApp :- +2347032718477

    By Blogger John Williams , at 9/23/2019 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home