Captainwow

Friday, September 19, 2003

Whyblog?
Well, I decided to write an entry about why I'm writing this blog. Since I clearly do not know what I'm doing yet - I thought it might be nice to explain. Every writing teacher I ever had said write a journal and write write write write - about what you know - and you'll get better over time. And I never did. So I started a dream journal a bit ago and that was fun for a while -- then I kept a diary online and that was fun too but it got to be too weird trying to keep them both up.

A friend recommended Tall Skinny Kiwi and begain linking to other blogs and suddenly it seemed cool. Having previously been impressed with Salon.com, especially Anne Lamott, I thought I'd give it a shot. Not that I thought ever "Oh I can do that!" Just that I thought hm that might be good to do. So I am. Hoping that once in a while a friend or two might find it interesting. Not that I want to be ingrown about the whole thing either. Sometimes getting analytical/philosophical/allegorical about my whole life gets to be annoying even to myself. So I don't expect a big fan base, but it did get me really excited when I found that 2 people had visited my site today!
Anyway, if you end up reading this entry ever - thanks for stopping by and I hope you had a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home